As any Jolie-Pitt fan worth their salt knows, yesterday (August 23rd, 2015) marked a very special occasion in the lives of our favorite family: Angelina and Brad’s first wedding anniversary. In honor of the occasion, I thought it would be fun to look back on some of the crazy wedding and marriage-related rumors the tabs churned out in the near-decade between when Angie and Brad first got together and when they made it official. Unlike most of my other retrospectives, this one won’t include pictures. Obviously, if it did, they’d be pictures of tabloid covers- and I’m not about to make you guys look that garbage! 😉 It will also be much more “casual” in tone, that is, I’ll be sharing my thoughts on the “stories” more than saying stuff along the lines of “This is what happened in 2008”. So, let’s get this party started!
As just about everyone and their brother knows, the tabs (and even some media websites) have, for the last several weeks, been consistently claiming that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are going to tie the knot in September at Château Miraval, their sprawling French estate. There’s just one problem: there’s plenty of evidence (whether words that have come from Brad or Angelina’s own mouths, words from other, reputable, NAMED sources’ mouths, or just plain common sense!) that contradicts that. Of course, the tabs are ignoring all of it, making themselves looking even more ridiculious than usual. So let’s take a look at some of that evidence shall we?
Yes, folks, you read that correctly. After seven years and six kids together, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have decided to make it official! Brad’s manager, Cynthia Pett-Dante, confirmed the happy news this past Friday, April 13th…proving that Friday the 13th isn’t always an unlucky day! She said that “It’s a promise for the future” and that “No date has been set yet”. In honor of this most joyus news, I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the many things that led Angie and Brad to this point. The retrospective will kick off below the cut. Continue reading
It’s hard to believe, but Knox and Vivienne Jolie-Pitt are now 1 year old! Ironically, it was exactly one year ago at this time (the time I’m writing this, I mean) that I was scouring the web for confirmation of the twins’ birth after discovering strong rumors about it on various sites! I’ve included the story of how I came to find out the news at the bottom of this post. Anyway, I wanted to do a sort of retrospective on the twins’ lives so far, just as I did with Shiloh for her third birthday in May. However, there is, unfourtnately, only one set of candid photos of them (the Narita airport pictures). So, I’m doing mostly a retrospective on Angie’s pregnancy instead, along with a few notable events from Knox and Viv’s lives so far! Please click the “more” button to view!
I’ve been on vacation the past three weeks, and during that time I saw some crazy tab rumors about the J-Ps. First, however, let’s talk about my favorite J-P-releated thing discovered on vacation: A cover story in PEOPLE, finally setting the record straight! Basically, it was an extenstion of the denial of the break-up rumors by the J-P’s rep. In a nutshell, they reitirated that all the break-up rumors are false.
As for the crazy tab “stories”….Thankfully, I only saw two (well, three, if you count a “Brad Pitt gets Naked!” blurb on the side of one tab cover, but that one just made me laugh because it just screamed “Extremely desperate tab!” to me!). One was a blurb on the side of a tab cover saying “Brad’s Vacation Alone”. Well, thanks to PittWatch and other reliable sites (including PEOPLE), we know that the J-Ps have been in LA for much of past month, and that Brad has not taken any vacations. Even if he HAD taken a mini-vacation alone, that hardly means he and Angie are splitting! The tabs need to realize that they aren’t glued or velcroed to each other!
The second one was even crazier: Lies and S&*t Weekly (a.k.a. Life and Style Weekly) recently claimed that the reason Angie has been “hiding” the twins and they’ve only been seen once in 100 some days is because they are “fragile”, and that now the J-Ps are enlisting the help of doctors to help the “fragile” babies. Here, in no particular order, my thoughts on it and the reasons it’s so crazy.
1. Why is it always Angie that gets blamed/accused of things? Also, up until this past month (June), it was primarily Brad who was watching the kids while Angie filmed Salt. Therefore, wouldn’t it really be BRAD who was “hiding” the twins?
2. They pulled this same crap when Shi was a baby…only they claimed Angie didn’t bring her out because she loved her less than her adopted siblings and basically ignored her. Obviously they can’t very well pull that with the twins, as not only are they not the only bio kids in the family, but Shi has been seen out in the past few months just as much as the other three “big” kids.
3. Have the tabs forgotten that we’ve barely seen ANY of the kids for at least the last six months?
4. Have the tabs completely forgotten the fact that Knox and Viv aren’t even a year old yet? Very likely, the main reason we haven’t seen them out and about since the airport pictures in late Jaunaury is because they are still BABIES! Plus, remember the complete circus it was in the videos of the J-Ps in the airport with all the kids? I wouldn’t want to expose my babies to that craziness, either!
5. Obviously the tabs have completely forgotten that Knox and Viv looked completely healthy in the airport pictures (they even posted two of those pictures on the cover, succesfully contridicting themselves!).
6. Why do the tabs insist on picking on two innocent little babies?!